Official Rules - GORDMANS HUSKER CAMPUS COMMANDOS CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Participation in the Gordmans Summer Text to Win Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individual, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (i) who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry; or (ii) who are the parents/legal guardians of a child under 13 years old who participate in the Contest by texting and entering. Void in all U.S. territories, possessions, protectorates, military installations in foreign countries, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and elsewhere prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor, as defined below (the “Sponsor”), and the Administrator, as defined below (the “Administrator”) and any of its (or its respective parents’, subsidiaries’ and affiliated companies’) officers, directors, agents, representatives, licensees, distributors, suppliers, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies (collectively “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless where they live) and individuals living in the same households or who have lived in the same household of the above within the last 3 months of the start date of this Contest, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
Each entrant and his or her parents or legal guardians (collectively, an “Eligible Entrant”) by participating in the Contest certifies that such Eligible Entrant (i) has read and understands these official rules (the “Official Rules”), (ii) consents to participate in the Contest and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions related thereto and to the Contest, and (iii) consents to the Sponsor obtaining and using your name and any other personal information including but not limited to email, address, likeness, photo and submission for the administration of the Contest and as otherwise set forth herein.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Contest Entry: The Contest is a “text to win” contest held during two (2) separate events to be held in Lincoln, Nebraska (each, an “Event”). Entry to the Contest will be open during each separate Events identified below (the “Contest Period”).
- Friday, August 19th 2016: University of Nebraska at Lincoln Campus, Lincoln, Nebraska, 9pm – 11:30pm
- Sunday, August 21st 2016: University of Nebraska at Lincoln Campus, Lincoln, Nebraska, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Entries must be submitted during the Contest Period in order to be eligible for the Contest. Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period will be void. During the Contest Period, you can enter by completing the following steps:
- By texting the word HUSKER to 76995 at one of two (2) Events, you will (i) be entered to win one (1) of five (5) $100 Gordmans gift cards (each, a “Prize”), and (ii) receive an initial Gordmans Mobile Text asking you whether you want to subscribe to Gordmans Mobile Text Alerts with Gordmans Exclusive Officers (collectively, “Mobile Text Alerts”).
- If you are 13 years of age or more, upon receiving the above-referenced initial text message from Gordmans, you can respond by texting the letter “Y” if you want to confirm your consent to subscribe to the >Mobile Text Alerts. Children under the age of 13 must have a parent/legal guardian consent to subscribing to the Mobile Text Alerts.
- By consenting to the Mobile Text Alerts, you are authorizing Gordmans to deliver, or cause to be delivered, ads and marketing calls or texts to your cell phone number (or any other phone number you provide to us) using an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice.
- You are not required to consent to the Mobile Text Alerts as a condition of entering the Contest or purchasing any property, goods or services. If you are under the age of 13, you may not consent to Mobile Text Alerts without the permission of your parent/legal guardian. By subscribing to Mobile Text Alerts, you represent and warrant to us that you are the user of the phone number(s) you provide in conjunction with the subscription or you are authorized to given consent for marketing calls and texts to be made or sent to the phone number(s) you provide. Your carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
3. Entry Terms: There is a limit of one Entry per person. No duplicate entries are permitted. Multiple entries will disqualify all related entries. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, inappropriate, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may violate or infringe) any copyright, trademark, language that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and will be disqualified. Sponsor further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void any entries from entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper or have tampered with or participated in the tampering with the administration, security, or fairness of the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, copied, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic related to the submission of your entry including but not limited to communication errors, failures or malfunctions relating to internet connections or transmissions, equipment failures, or processing errors. Sponsor will not confirm or verify receipt of entries.
4. Winner Notification and Verification: Each potential winner (“Potential Winner”) is subject to verification by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will attempt to notify each Potential Winner by telephone within Winner Notification Period. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached or does not respond to the prize notification within five (5) days from the first notification attempt, then such Potential Winner shall be disqualified and a new Potential Winner will be selected as set forth in these Official Rules. Each Potential Winner, or if such Potential Winner is a minor, his or her parents and legal guardians, may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, an acknowledgement of the Official Rules and a publicity release (“Verification Documents”) within a stated amount of time set forth on the Verification Documents. If the fully completed Verification Documents are not received by the Sponsor by the date stated on such Verification Documents, or if such documents are returned non-deliverable, or if the Potential Winner is found, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, either based on the answers to the Verification Documents or otherwise, to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner will be disqualified and another Potential Winner will be selected. A Potential Winner is not deemed a winner or entitled to any Prize until the Potential Winner has satisfactorily completed and returned the Verification Documents, the Potential Winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules has been verified and the entrant has been notified that verification is complete (a “Winner”).
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend upon the total number and quality of eligible entries received.
6. Prizes: The value of the Prizes may be taxable to the winner as income under federal, state or local laws or be subject to other federal, state or local taxes. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Five (5) $100 Gordmans Gift Cards will be awarded altogether. Each winner will receive one (1) $100 Gordmans Gift Card.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Contest, or by winning and/or accepting a Prize, entrants, or if such entrant is a minor, than such entrant’s parents or guardians, grant to Sponsor and its respective designees the right to publicize the entrant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and certain biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising, trade and promotion purposes, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, and without opportunity for review.
8. Release/Limitation of Liability: Each entrant, or if such entrant is a minor in the jurisdiction where he or she resides, then such entrant’s parents or legal guardians, agrees, except where prohibited by law, (i) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, (ii) the entry becomes solely the Sponsor’s property, (iii) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability for any entrant to enter the Contest or for an inability to notify any Potential Winner or the inability of a Potential Winner to return any Verification Documents or to accept a Prize for any reason, (iv) Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Contest, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes arising from the Contest, and (v) to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Releasees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all liability (tax or otherwise) that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury, or losses sustained in connection, directly or indirectly, with the Contest, including participating in or the inability to participate in the Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of a Prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, intellectual property rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals or third parties in connection with the Contest, including attempts by entrants or other third parties to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to, or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Contest-related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, failure to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error.
As a condition of entering the Contest, entrants agree that: (i) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and, in no event, shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. This Contest and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction, and venue shall be solely within the State of Nebraska.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or part of the Contest for any reason, including but not limited to technical issues or failures, fraud, or attempts by parties to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise unfairly jeopardize the integrity of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair practices, or is using the Contest in a way to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Sponsor.
10. Copy of the Official Rules/List of Winners: For a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners’ names (available after, on or about [Date] send your request, and a separate self- addressed, stamped envelope to: 1926 South 67th St, Omaha, NE 68144, c/o Jennifer Bryan.
11. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Gordmans Inc. (“Sponsor”). Sponsor’s address is 1926 South 67th Street, Omaha, NE, 68144.
HUSKER Text to Win Mobile Terms & Conditions
By texting the word HUSKER to 76995 you will (i) be entered to win one (1) of five (5) $100 Gordmans gift cards as part of the Campus Commandos Text to Win (the “Contest”), and (ii) receive an initial Gordmans Mobile Text asking you whether you want to subscribe to Gordmans Mobile Text Alerts with Gordmans Exclusive Offers, (collectively “Mobile Text Alerts”).
If you are 13 years of age or more, upon receiving an initial text message from us, you can respond by texting the letter “Y” if you want to confirm your consent to subscribe to the Mobile Text Alerts. Children under the age of 13 must have a parent/legal guardian consent to subscribing to the Mobile Text Alerts.
By consenting to the Mobile Text Alerts, you are authorizing Gordmans to deliver or cause to be delivered ads and marketing calls or texts to your cell phone number (or any other phone number you provide to us) using an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice.
You are not required to consent to the Mobile Text Alerts as a condition of entering the Contest. If you are under the age of 13 you may not consent to Mobile Text Alerts without the permission of your parent/legal guardian. By subscribing to Mobile Text Alerts, you represent and warrant to us that you are the user of the phone number(s) you provide in conjunction with the subscription or you are authorized to give consent for marketing calls and texts to be made or sent to the phone number(s) you provide. Your carrier's message and data rates may apply.
Participation in the Contest is open only to individual, legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Void in all U.S. territories, possessions, protectorates, military installations in foreign countries, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and elsewhere prohibited or restricted by law.
All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider and you approve any such charges by providing your consent to participate in the Mobile Text Alerts. Gordmans does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages to 76995.
We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, the date, time and content of your messages and other information you provide to us as part of this service. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
Maximum number of messages per month will vary based on the subscription list you've enrolled in. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting "STOP" to 76995 and after unsubscribing you will receive a confirmation text. If you have any questions, reply "HELP" to 76995 or contact us at 1.800.456.7463.
The service is available on these U.S. carriers only: ACS Wireless, AIO Jasper Wireless, Alltel, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellcom, Cellular One of East Central Ill, Chat Mobility, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket (Leap Wireless), Element Mobile, GCI Communications, Golden State, Illinois Valley, Immix Wireless, Inland Cellular, Iowa Wireless Svc, Metro PCS, MTPCS Cellular One, Nex-Tech, Wireless, Plateau Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Thumb Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, Mobile USA and West Central Cellular.